July 1, 2013

How would you handle it?

It is something we never want to face, but the reality is, our husbands do some dangerous work.  I would love to avoid the topic of LODD (Line Of Duty Deaths) but I know I need to have a plan, God forbid.  My husband & I don't talk about it like a dinner table discussion, but we've talked about it.  Last night I couldn't wrap my mind around the whole situation that has happened in Prescott, AZ.   The poor wives who were greeted by a uniformed official knocking on their door last night.  I can't even imagine.  I had a friend who lost her husband in a helicopter crash on a fire, and she shared with me how she wasn't prepared.  She shared with me how her mind shut down when she opened the front door.  So with the reality of the dangers of our guys jobs, how would you handle it?  Do you have a plan? 



No comments: