July 2, 2016

Never thought.


After seeing how something so small and simple that I did year ago, has affected people made me think of something I wanted to share with you.

A simple act or kind words from your heart, can become something big.  You may or may not ever meet the people you affect.  But no pun intended "it might spread like wildfire" someday.  

I'm such a simple, casual, yet compassionate woman.  I am a stay-at-home mother of two beautiful children, not a well known movie star.  I live in a simple house, not a mansion.  I drive a minivan not a Jaguar.  I wear yoga pants, not a suit.  Twelve years ago, I wrote a simple heart-felt prayer, never imagining it'd have such a huge impact on a horrible tragedy.

I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd see the Prayer I wrote etched in marble on a bench with the names of the Fallen 19.  I realized it wasn't about me, it wasn't about that moment.  It was about something that for years to come, would touch people's hearts.  When future Hotshots, public or other Firefighters pay tribute to the Fallen 19 they too, will read those words of the prayer.  

Gone but not Forgotten - last alarm 6-30-2013 at 4:42pm



Don't ever under-estimate what you do or who you are!!


No comments: