September 20, 2017

It's the simple things.....



Occasionally I love to slip a note in my husband's lunch box.  And one day I knew he was leaving for a fire when the kids & I stopped by the station to give a hug & kiss good-bye.  I ran out to his truck and stuck a note on his steering wheel that said "I love you".  That was about 2 months ago.  The other day he drove his work truck home (we live on the FS compound) and I saw he had taped to his dash near the radio, the I love you note.  I couldn't help but smile when I saw it. Knowing he didn't just take it down when he saw it and toss it in the trash, rather he taped it where it was visible to himself and a testimony to others of our strong love.  I'm sure it's a reminder that back home, is the woman who supports him, encourages him and loves him.  So proud of my Wildland Firefighter and honored to be his Wife!!

It also made me realize how much our guys miss us when they're out on assignments....
It truly is the simple things in life that mean the most!!!




If you don't do something simple for your man, I'm challenging you to do it now.  And if you already do something, leave a comment in the comment section so we can all see other ideas!!

No comments: