April 30, 2007

A Special story from a Fireman's Wife

Grab your tissues for the tears... this is cute!

My husband works for CDF....and at times he is gone forever.
I just wanted to share my little story. It happened today.
My husband got called into work today! It was very unexpected. My first impulse was to sit down and cry. He is leaving once again for who knows how long. We weren't expecting such an early departure. We had plans today (a picnic in the park...a bike ride and a movie) But I had to be strong for him. I had to show him that I would be fine. After all, that's my role as a fireman's wife.
He jumped in the shower, shaved, and then put on his uniform. As I sat there watching him...tears began to fill my eyes. I am so proud of him.
He finished getting ready. We sat on the couch, embracing each other for a few minutes. I was taking him in...his touch, his smell, his love. His embrace and his words comforted me. And then he began to pray. We prayed for God's comfort and His protection. He kissed me goodbye and grabbed his bible and left for work.
My husband...a special kind of man....a man of God.
As I sat in front of my computer to write...I noticed a beautiful, fresh cut rose sitting on my keyboard.....
Thanks for your site,
Angela

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Angela,
You are blessed to have Christ in your life and marriage, as a retired CDF captains wife, The times we are alone we are not completely alone, we have our heavnly Father always with us.
Keep your good attitude and enjoy the adventure, look forward to the days your hubby is home!
God Bless

Z-Mama said...

What a heartfelt story...a great window into your world.