October 16, 2010

Weird fireseason 2010

So yesterday I did all this baking. Hubby was enjoying his normal dayoff with our son & myself. They went up to buy a pumpkin to carve together, I was busy making zucchini bread, fresh dinner rolls, beans & had a roast in the crock pot. I had just finished mixing all the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies, when the phone rang. "Hello" I said, "Hi is *** there this is *** from dispatch." My thought was seriously??? I handed hubby the phone and with extreme excitement in his voice said, "Oh really, where to? Oh Georgia." I had to chuckle because I guess I haven't learned my lesson yet. Never do mass baking or shopping during fireseason, because they are bound to leave. Good thing is I packaged up the cookies and sent them with him. Bread went in the freezer. I think tonight, my son & I might enjoy some fresh dinner rolls with roast and beans. This sure has been a strange fireseason, 2010.

No comments: