July 6, 2013

To the wives of the Granite Mountain Hotshots



Dear Granite Mountain Hotshot Wives,
Since the tragedy in Yarnell, AZ I can't stop thinking about you.  I can't imagine what you're going through.  I pray you'll find comfort in God's arms and also from the large WFF community.  While we know the WFF are like family to eachother, a strong brotherhood/sisterhood, please know that your sisterhood of WFFWs stand beside you in love and support.   It sounds like Prescott, AZ is a great community and is also rallying around you.  When I saw the picture that was sent to Mrs. Ashcraft, it gave me goosebumps.  My husband does similar things for our son and I.  He'll mark his GPS Spot device (which lets me pull up a map to see where he is) and he told me, it's his way of saying he's thinking of us and loves us.  He also will occasionally suprise our son with a picture of a little toy FF that he carries with him, our son gave him.  (June 10, 2012 post)  Even though they were very dedicated to their jobs and highly skilled I know that every minute of the day, they were thinking of their families.  I pray that your children will know that they were their Daddy's pride & joy.  I pray that they will grow up to know what brave men their Daddy's were.  Every Daddy holds a special place in their hearts for their children, and now they're watching them from heaven.  May they grow up to learn that everyone in this nation, mourns their Dad's death.  I will never forget you (even though we've never met).  I pray that God will heal your broken hearts.  I pray that God's strength will help you to carry on, without your husbands & best friends.  Please feel free to post here anytime, you need an extra hug or just to chat.  Many other WFFWs will be here for you forever and always. 
Email  firemans.wyf@gmail.com

With much love and many (virtual) hugs,
Wildland Firefighter Wives blog Moderator

No comments: