September 10, 2014

Memories being made



This year we moved to a house across the street from my husband's work.  It's strange how even though he goes to work daily, I feel like we're always with him.  At the end of the day our kids & I walk down the driveway to meet Daddy and walk home as a family.  I feel like those simple things are going to stay with our kids forever.  Our little girl, loves to sit with Daddy on a tree stump down by where the firefighters park, and she waves to them as they leave.  So precious!!!  It's awesome to see how our son has 20+ new friends who are role models.  At 5:00 they will play volleyball for PTs and our son loves to go "hang out" with them.  It brings such joy to this Momma's heart to hear them all say "Hi ___ how are you today?"  when he walks, rides his bike or drives his little car down there.  I don't know if those guys & girls will ever know how much our little boy looks forward to spending time with them.  When hubby is gone, I feel like he gets his male bonding with those firefighters.  I love living close to hubby's work, and love the memories that are being made daily!!!

What kind of special things do you do with your kids, to remember growing up a Wildland Firefighter's child??  Or if you're a generation WFF child (like myself) what memories do you have growing up??

Email: wffwives@gmail.com

1 comment:

Kahler said...

We have an end of season party every year, but it gets a little too out of control to be family friendly. I took our seven-year-old to the shop a few days ago to check out the buggies. She seemed more interested in the engines... She knows the difference between red trucks and green ones though.

That's really cool your son gets to hang out with your husband's crew on a regular basis. We had a baby this season so it's been busy at home, but I'd like to develop a tradition of having at least my squad over to meet the family a couple times a season.

I like your blog; it's very similar to what my wife would write if she was inspired to do so.