September 16, 2015

Never thought about calling Wildland Firefighter Wives.....heroes

Guess I never thought of calling us heroes. We do pull a lot of weight when our guys are gone.  Some of us work hard as stay-at-home-Moms and others work outside of the home, as well as keeping things going around the house.  I am honored to be a Wildland Firefighter's Wife.  I am also blessed enough to be a stay-at-home-Mom with two kids. 
(Found this on a Facebook page this morning)
A message from one of our Firefighters:
You see photos and videos of smoke and fire, burning houses and the tragedies in peoples lives. You see these pictures of us posted on social media and the news helping during these tragedies. We receive the "Thank you" messages you post back, the posters on the fences, the notes of appreciation on our engines, on social media sites, and the visits to our fire stations thanking us. We greatly appreciate this more than you could ever know!
There is another group of heroes that never get the praise and thanks and I want to recognize them. To the spouses and moms/dads at home who have firefighters on the line, who keep everything together, who continue on, providing for newborns, driving kids, taking up the slack of someone missing, worrying about the dangers out there, sometimes with little to no communication. We firefighters have been gone for months, all over the state, in multiple counties. And you at home have been taking the brunt of our absence.
You are the firefighters' heroes. We honor you, we respect you, we miss you and we love you. Thank you!

What are your thoughts on this post????

2 comments:

Erika's Inside World said...

Awe!!! This is so nice. This makes me feel appreciated as a wife of a Wildland firefighter. I will be honest, but there have been times when I have told myself this is so hard to do all on my own. I'm a fulltime working mom and when my Hubby leaves on an assignment everything falls on me, but I try not to look at it that way anymore. I say to myself, ok it's time to rock for your family just the way your Hubby is for his.
It's hard to adjust when he leaves, but the routine at home needs to move on. I love what we have and will continue to support what he does and I know he loves me for that. I respect him and what he does and what everyone else in his profession does.
It's all worth the hard work when my Hubby's home! Thank you to all our Wildland Firefighters and to their wives and girlfriends holding it down at home!

Unknown said...

I am New Too Being A Wildland Fire fighter's Wife ...First Season for Me