June 13, 2016

Smells like him


So I just need to know.  Am I crazy??

Hubby went on a small brush fire (locally) last week.  When he got home, that wonderful smell of smoke came in with him.  I don't like fires, but I love the way he smells when he comes home from fighting one.  He got ready to hop in the shower and before he threw his shirt in the hamper, I said "give me your shirt."  I placed it next to my pillow on the bed.   It's just such a silly thing, and he thought I was crazy.  He left the next day for an assignment, and I've had it on my pillow since he left.  I feel so close to him when I lay my head on the shirt which is on my pillow.

I also don't wash his bath towel, until he's close to home.  I like to leave it just like he left it.

Am I crazy?
What are your thoughts?  What do you do?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just started dating a wildland firefighter, he's been gone almost 3 weeks now and hasn't contacted me, I don't mean to be needy not selfish but as I am new to all of this ...is this something thys happens or did he just completely ghost/disappear/leave me hanging. I mean how hard would it be to just send a txt saying he's ok :/ I'm so confused

docsuess84 said...

Hi there. I'm not a wife, but I am very passionate about pursuing wildland fire as a career. My wife has not been as enthusiastic about the idea, but she can see it's about the work and not about being away from my family or trying to duck out on my life at home. I'm looking to work on an engine next season. I had no interest in fire at all until I got a front desk job at our local Forest Service ranger station and I got bit by the bug I guess. She's fine with late nights and even the overnight IA incidents. Her big concern is the away from home assignments. We have little kids and don't have much family close by. I'm just curious what you guys do to prepare for when your husband is gone in order to make life at home even the tiniest bit easier.