July 23, 2016

It was the steak dinner (a blog from a fellow WFF Wife)

Our family joke is that if I go shopping and plan for a nice meal......usually he'll get an order for a fire assignment.  Well he's off Thur/Fri/Sat and was home on Thursday.  So I figured Friday evening we'd have BBQ steaks, salad and garlic bread.  He kind of chuckled and said well let's wait closer to dinner before you defrost the steaks.  He must've had a hunch!!  We went to breakfast after dropping our son off to camp, and I ran into the grocery store.  I got back into the car and he said "you're not going to believe this...."  I looked at him and said "please tell me your joking!!"
His crew was ordered to a fire, so the steak dinner will have to wait.  I told him to tell his crew they can thank me because I had planned to cook a steak dinner!!!

2 comments:

Ashley Armstrong Krueger said...

For us, our fail safe for getting an order is scheduling a hair cut! While he loves his beard big and scruffily, once his hair gets to a certain length, he HAS to have it cut or it bugs him to no end.

Taylor Dean said...

Story of my life! I love seeing that other women know my pain... it's either this or the second we commit to something. Like a date night. I'm sorry that happened, but thank you for sharing :)